Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rounding Third Base, Headed for Home


I must, as usual, apologize for the delay in updating our little blog. Much has been happening...

Most importantly, we're at the end of the road. It should only be a matter of days until Sonia gives birth to Sophia. Sonia is actually seeing signs of things picking up speed. She is having contractions that are on and off at about 10 minutes apart, which could mean we could see Sophia showing up early (in the next few days). The next time I make a blog entry, I will likely be doing so from the hospital!

Also, lately Betty and I have been the grateful recipients of multiple displays of love and friendship in the form of baby showers. My coworkers at Kaiser had one for me, Betty's coworkers and the City of Pasadena had a couple for her, and friends/family had yet another for us as well. Thank you to all of you who have so generously given us tons of baby-related stuff. And I mean tons. Sophia's wardrobe is much nicer than Betty's and mine put together! Seriously, we have all that we need and more for Sophia when she finally decides to show up. I'm posting some pics from the showers...

Here's me coming in the door to the shower at my work from my team. I was told I was going to a work-related meeting. At this moment, I am realizing that this is no work meeting ("what are Betty and Sonia doing here?") and that I have been duped.

More (thanks for the pics, Roxanne and Mike, and thanks for the event and gifts Inpt. TrACs):







Here are some from Betty's surprise shower at her work the next day ("what are Alvaro and Sonia doing here?"). Thanks, City of Pasadena friends!:





Gotta point this out...those are tiny Apple Bottom Jeans! No joke!



Here are some from the friends/family shower hosted by Edith Lei and Clara Hayes (thanks again, ladies!):








We have more, less blurry, higher resolution pics, but as you can tell I have bigger fish to fry. I'll post all the pics to Flickr later on (if you have some on your camera, send them to me please), but I wanted to post a few quickly.

We will , of course, let you all know as soon as "the time" comes. Pray for the health and well-being of both Sonia and Sophia as they both get ready to do something amazing...

-Alvaro

0 comments on "Rounding Third Base, Headed for Home"