Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Up to speed?



If you are seeing this blog for the first time and want to get the whole story, scroll to the very bottom of the blog, and start from the First Post. Or to make things easier, click HERE. Blog posts display the latest posts first, so you'll have to start at the First Post and the scroll up post by post. The whole thing is about a 15 minute read at this point.
If you have read the whole thing, there you have it. Many of you have asked questions, now you have some answers. From this point on, blog entries will be ongoing and less narrative, so you can keep track of how things are coming along. We'll try and post lots of pics to document things along the way. Also, other contributors may be posting in the future as well.

Woo hoo!
-Alvaro

12 comments on "Up to speed?"

Sonia:) on January 17, 2009 at 10:49 AM said...

UPDATE: the baby is the size of a blueberry this week!!

Kristen Kimball on January 17, 2009 at 3:11 PM said...

congratulations!!!! how exciting for both (or, all!) of you!

Brett and Emily on January 17, 2009 at 3:48 PM said...

Alvaro and Betty - I am reading this for the first time, but with chills and tears of joy! Blessings upon you both as you go down this journey. I am soooo happy for you and hope that we will be able to see you again someday!

J-Lou on January 17, 2009 at 3:49 PM said...

wow. i cannot say more than that. i am blessed to know all of you and will be praying for you along this journey!!!

Anonymous said...

Alvaro, I know we have always discussed how you and I are actually related, albeit in an indirect way, but that is a minor technicality, but now!... we are like really related. We might as well get the same tatoo or something. This whole thing is amazing. It's interesting how in our comfortable society we never really get to see what people are capable of, so when something like this happens it is a great reminder of how awesome ALL of you four really are. We love you guys and are really excited to be part of the growth of the life of our neice or nephew, twice removed, through the sister-in-law, again minor technicalities. We are family! Congratulations Bro!

Susanna on January 17, 2009 at 4:31 PM said...

I enjoyed reading your incredible baby story and am looking forward to checking in often for updates!!! Lots of love and prayers from our family to yours. I agree with Alvaro: WOOO HOOO!

Cris Aguilar on January 17, 2009 at 4:42 PM said...

Incredible!

I must admit.. I was thinking, what could that turkey (Alvaro) be up too... what could be so important. A simple blog about this or that is fine but this is very cool. You delivered, big time!

I will be praying for you all.

.

Anonymous said...

Great story. Great People. Pray for you guys. I would include Alvaro and Betty as heroes in this story. Jake A

James on January 18, 2009 at 2:09 PM said...

It really is an amazing story, it could not have happened to a sweeter couple! Kris & I are ecstatic for you guys!

Sonia, I don't know if we have met you, but you & your husband have an amazing heart!

We can't wait for this journey to continue to move forward!

love,
James & Kris

Pa, Ma, Mary, Laura, and baby Carrie on January 18, 2009 at 3:57 PM said...

Thanks for sending us the link to this! I am so happy for you guys. Your story is amazing! We love you and pray many, many blessings over you as you embark on the crazy journey of parenthood!

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank my amazing husband for all the support and excitment he gives me every day and for writing this great blog-thanks love!

pablo on January 23, 2009 at 8:18 AM said...

I was whispering to the baby recently in Sonia's belly. I taught it to say "Fight On!".

My contribution........